- National Independent Wireless Broadband Quality Reporting (NIWBQR)
- NIWBQR is the independent 4G LTE benchmarking standard in Nigeria.
- Key reports from NIWBQR are available to the public at https://metrics.enextwireless.com/ within one hour of data collection.
- NIWBQR gives the Nigerian public visibility into the quality of mobile broadband networks (4G LTE) provided by the major MNOs in Nigeria.
- We use our proprietary logging tool (enextlog) for collecting UE logs and our proprietary platform (Premetrics) for post-processing the UE logs in other to create NIWBQR reports and perform analysis for other purposes.
The drive test was conducted 24th January, 2022; the image below is the evaluated route.
The four mobile wireless broadband service providers evaluated are MTN, Airtel 9mobile, and Globacom.
The weights for overall ranking of this report are;
- 50%, RF Quality (Emetrics plus IRATs to 3G plus Radio Link Failures).
- 30%, packet latency and drops
- 10%, Uplink throughput
- 10%, Downlink throughput
The visualization of the radio frequency quality of LTE network along the complete route is available at our Emetrics website https://metrics.enextwireless.com
Our primary mission is to facilitate the ability of Nigerians to gain reliable and cost-effective access to mobile broadband LTE networks. This also provides national mobile network operators an opportunity to reduce churn and achieve a rapid increase in broadband subscription.
A report containing our ranking and detailed RF Analysis is available for a fee.
We collect comprehensive RF Performance data on the Networks of Mobile Broadband Service Providers in Nigeria. The raw UE log is available to interested service providers for use in further improving the quality of their networks.
For additional details click here.